Thursday, December 10, 2009

All Systems Go

No bloody traffic this morning, I was well early. There really is no predicting it. It will be hell tonight when I’m in a rush to get to parents evening at the college.

Having the car at least means we make the pub at lunch time.

At parents evening, Daughter gets a glowing report, well for the times when she’s not been on her mobile during class that is. Which hopefully she’s not now doing after we pulled her up on this a few weeks ago and told her to turn it off during lesson time. She did pass my not so sneaky test this morning when I had emailed her phone and she didn’t reply until the lunch break. Of course she could have just been being a bit smart, delaying to give the impression it was off but I’m sure she’s not that devious.

L still looks jealous that she’s not on Daughter’s literature course. She could be, she already owns most of the books on the course anyway, Pride & Prejudice, Death of a Salesman, Kite Runner and King Lear.

Daughter’s report is not quite as sickeningly glowing as the one we get from one of Son’s tutors about him but we won’t go there. We’re pleased really, of course, but we don’t want him getting big headed. No one likes a smart arse.

Afterwards I finally go for that long delayed run and L joins me. Which is nice, it’s not that often we run together these days. It goes well. There’s no reaction from my calf, so it’s all systems go for Saturday. The only question now is how hard do I run the race... I was 31st last year in a very good time, quite a lot to live up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment