Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Par For The Course

The weather is dry for the bike in, therefore I can’t complain about that. So as I’ve not had a whinge about car drivers for a while I think it’s about due.

People are always complaining about cyclists ignoring red lights, overtaking on the inside (perfectly legal in stationary traffic as it happens), turning without signalling, racing along pavements... stuff like that. I think they said cyclists and not car drivers, although I think more drivers do those things than cyclists do actually. Well apart from the racing along pavements bit... but only because it's not wide enough... Then again where it is, such as along the pavement/cycle path alongside the Nottingham ring road near where I live, its fair game and today I almost got wiped out by a chap driving along it, quite fast too. He was also showcasing another complaint that’s always levelled at cyclists, he didn’t have any lights on and I’m sure that Mercedes come equipped with them.



So I wish an unhappy festive season on him and also on the chap who earlier had nearly ‘doored’ me because he had neglected to look before getting out of his car. All par for the course really.

It’s about time we started thinking about something obscure for Christmas Day. We usually have goose, as neither of us is that wild about turkey and goose is actually more traditional. This year L mentions venison or something like that. I wonder for a moment if the dogs would be happy mopping up the scraps if it was venison. Of course they would. They've chased a bit of live venison on the park often enough.



In the evening I attempt to do a few bits of Christmas shopping, not over the internet and therefore not successful. Even with the monosyllabic professional sales advice from the teenager welded to her mobile phone on the Customer Services desk. This is so familiar... I’m sorry but what did I expect at the Customer Services desk, help? Silly me.

MD isn’t fit enough for tonight’s training session, so I take the old git instead. It’s Doggo’s last chance to get sanded up at the old training venue. He then comes home and spreads it around the house. Although I admit, I too do tend to get blamed for this. It’s his last chance that is if he isn’t again called off the subs bench again to replace MD next week, in what is the final session before the move to the new venue in the New Year. Doggo is well rusty, which I suppose is what I get for not training him so much and taking him into semi-retirement. Particularly in the weaves. So more training for you mate, I’ve not completely done with you yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment