Tuesday, December 29, 2009

They Have No Idea Where It Is

Back at work today. There's four of us in the office but unfortunately the customers are back as well and the phone is white hot.

I ring Virgin, who inform me they have no idea where my wine is. At least they’re honest. They refund the delivery charge, which is big of them and promise delivery before New Year. Where have I heard this before?

According to the Telegraph, we could all soon be celebrating the festive season jollied up on synthetic alcohol, developed from chemicals closely related to Valium. Just like real alcohol, it’s suppose to help you have a good time, yet no matter how much you’d drink you won't get beyond a state of mild inebriation. Then at the end of the evening, it can be reversed with an antidote, leaving you immediately sober and capable of driving home.

Doesn’t sound that much fun to me. The substance is also apparently be tasteless and colourless, so would have to be flavoured. So heaven for the alcopops industry then. Don’t we already have this substance? Isn’t it called vodka? Just without the antidote.



If this is an idea to save us for boozed up city centres, I think someone’s missing the point. Alcohol is supposed to be all about the taste. If they convinced everyone of that fact, then there wouldn’t be a problem. This idea just seems to be going in the opposite direction.

We fit in a game of squash and I feel that I put 100% into it, so no injury worries any more, I think. I even win a game. My opponent tells me, that in fact, I’ve won nine whole games this year. He’s won sixty eight. So closer than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment