Friday, December 25, 2009

What I’ve Always Wanted

After a festive lie in, I unwrap L first and then my presents. Santa brings, what I’ve always wanted, a heart rate monitor. It is actually. A bit sad perhaps but good for my training and to check I’m still alive whilst doing it. I also get lots of books for Christmas this year. Are people trying to tell me something?

We tinsel up the dogs and take them for a run on the park before a liquid lunch down the Plough. Where they tell us it was the place to be last night. It was packed out apparently, whilst we rattled around an empty town centre.

The weather is cold and icy, with a few patches of snow still around, quite festive actually. There are flakes of snow falling elsewhere, close to us at Watnall, where the weather centre declares it officially a White Christmas.

Then its home to see what swordfish is like as Christmas dinner, pretty good as it turns out. Our only concession to Christmas TV is James May and his model railway. Not sure that really counts as a Christmas programme anyway.

It’s a cosy day just the two of us and the dogs. We fall into bed really early, full of eggnog, beer and fine wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment